Greek-Style Pea casserole
Cretan Roasted Zucchini
Orzo with Feta and marinated Peppers
This orzo salad is full of flavor, with balsamic-marinated peppers that are paired perfectly with tangy, peppery teta cheese. lt’ s an ideal salad for a work lunch or a picnic.
- 2 medium red beli peppers ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar plus 1 tsp for serving
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of ground cinnamon Pinch of ground cloves
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt plus a pinch far the orzo
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 3oz (85g) crumbled feta
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F (180°C). Place the peppers on a baking pan and roast in the oven far 25 minutes or until they’re soft and can be pierced with a fark. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
2. While the peppers are roasting, combine the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the balsamic vinegar, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, and ¼ teaspoon of the sea salt. Stir to combine, then set aside.
3. Peel the cooled peppers, remove the seeds, and then chop into large pieces. Piace the peppers in the olive oil and vi negar mixture and then toss to coat, ensuring the peppers are covered in the marinade. Cover and piace in the refrigerator to marinate for 20 minutes.
4. While the peppers are marinating, prepare the orzo by bringing 3 cups of water and a pinch of salt to a boil in a large pot aver high heat. When the water is boiling, add the orzo, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes or until soft, then drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
5. Add the peppers and marinade to the orzo, mixing well, then piace in the refrigerator and to cool far at least 1 hour.
6. To serve, top with the feta, basil, black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the balsamic vinegar. Mix well, and serve promptly. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
TIP: This is an ideai make-ahead recipe. You can prepare the marinated peppers and orzo up to 2 days ahead and stare in the refrigerator unti! ready to serve.