Israeli Pasta Salad
One-Pot Greek Chicken with Lemon Rice
Cauliflower Pizza with Greek Yogurt Pesto & Grilled Veggies
This healthy Cauliflower pizza is topped with grilled vegetables and Greek Yogurt pesto for an easy, meatless meal that is low in carbs and high in protein! Grilling the crust keeps it from going soggy!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
Calories 331 kcal
For the cauliflower crust:
- 12 Cups Cauliflower cut into florets (about 2 medium heads or 3 lbs)
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/3 Cup + 4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese grated and divided (about 3.5 oz)
- 2 Large egg whites
For the Greek yogurt basil sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Plain Non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup firmly packed Fresh basil roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 Small zucchini sliced
- 3 inch Roma Tomatoes sliced 1/2 thick *
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- In a large food processor, process the cauliflower into it is fine, and the texture of rice. I did mine in 4 batches.
- Place the cauliflower into a LARGE bowl and microwave for 7 minutes, stir, and microwave for an additional 7 minutes. Then, let the cauliflower stand until cool enough to handle, 10-15 minutes.
- Dump the cauliflower into a thin kitchen towel ** (I did mine into two batches) and ring out ALL the excess moisture. Put some muscle into it and really get out as much as you can, as this is the key to a not-soggy crust.
- Transfer the cauliflower back into a large bowl and add in the garlic, salt, Italian season, a pinch of pepper and 1 1/3 cups of the Parmesan. Stir until well combined and then add the egg whites, mixing until well combined.
- Divide the cauliflower into 4 balls (about a heaping 1/2 cup each) and spread onto on the pizza pan, leaving a ridge for the crust.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- While the pizza bakes, Combine the Greek yogurt, basil and garlic in a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides down as necessary.
- With the food processor on, stream in the olive oil until well mixed. Set aside.
- Then, preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the sliced zucchini, tomato and olive oil in a small bowl and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Grill until charred, about 2-3 minutes a side.*** Place onto a plate and set aside. Keep your grill on.
- Once the pizza is cooked, remove them from the oven and preheat your broiler to high heat for 3 minutes. Take the remaining 4 Tbsp of cheese and sprinkle it onto the pizzas (1 Tbsp each) and broil for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and melted.
- Spread some of the Greek yogurt sauce **** on each pizza and then top with the grilled veggies and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place the pizzas onto the grill just until the cheese melts, about 2-3 minutes.
- DEVOUR immediately.
Keep your tomato pretty thick, as it’s much easier to get off the BBQ that way, since they tend to stick
*I find the thinner the towel, the more water you are able to squeeze out.
*** If you have troubles getting the tomato off the grill, a fork will really help!
**** You probably won’t use all the sauce…but it makes a great veggie dip!